Potterish travelled to a galaxy far to speculate about which Hogwarts Houses the protagonists of Star Wars – The Last Jedi would belong to.
To check out our hunches, access this post’s extension. But beware: this list contains spoilers.
You think about Rey, and she shouts, “Gryffindor!” but be careful: the Sorting Hat sees beyond. Scavenger, the girl leads a lonely and extremely simple life, subjugated to the unrighteousness of Jakku’s merchants, until she comes across the droid BB8 in trouble. Besides saving their life, she decides not to sell him to buy food.
When she meets Finn, Rey puts her trust in the “Resistance man” and decides to only rest when BB8 and his valuable map are in the hands of the rebels. As they got deeper into the adventure, Rey showed to be even more loyal to her friends, seeing virtues in all of them, as the Last Jedi proves.
The Hat may have gotten doubtful, but it made it final that Rey belongs to the badger!
The house’s personification, Poe Dameron, is brave and dynamic but also impulsive and spitfire. Not much different from Harry Potter’s Golden Trio, the pilot doesn’t hesitate in disobeying orders when he wants to save his friend’s and Resistance companions’ lives.
Barely touched Poe’s head, and the Hat chanted “Gryffindor!”.
Of all characters, Finn was the one that made the Sorting Hat more confused. He was a stormtrooper but decided that he didn’t want that life and ran away, betraying the New Order. Lied to Rey about belonging to the Resistance until he decided to run away again. This gives arguments to state that Finn belongs to a certain silver and greenhouse, or even that one with all the blue and bronze.
But what do we know: Finn returned, gave up his goal and safety, and went on a deadly mission just to save a friend he had just met. Finn is loyal and faces whoever and whatever for those he loves.
Besides, Finn would never listen to the Hat deciding between Slytherin and Ravenclaw without mentally shouting, “Slytherin no, Slytherin no”. After all, he wouldn’t like to have run away from the life of a Stormtrooper just to fall into the Hogwart’s house with the worst reputation. That’s why Hufflepuff is where he should be!
Kylo Ren: Slytherin
We couldn’t avoid the cliché: the villain fell into Slytherin. Undoubtedly ambitious, Kylo murders people who trust him just to prove his power. His manipulation skills convince Rey to find him, making her believe he could leave the dark side of the force. However, when the trust is revealed, Kylo remains proud and calculating.
Although he is not as mysterious and villainous as he desired, his enormous wish for power makes him ignore morals to attain his goals – including killing his own father, a Lord Voldemort–like attitude.
Give him Slytherin!
Willing to die for her ideals, Rose carries in her a sweetness that hides the strength of a mechanist determined to save the galaxy. Loyal to her Resistance partners, she doesn’t hesitate to give up objects of great value to complete a mission, besides taking the initiative and stopping the deserters from running away – even though she had to leave Finn, the rebel hero, unconscious.
Does anyone have doubts that she would bring a huge pride to Hufflepuff
In the saga’s most recent movie, the legendary Luke Skywalker shows himself a true Slytherin. The Jedi Master has enormous esteem for old traditions and religion, dedicating himself to the maintenance of the teachings he received in the times he was just a Padawan.
When sensing his nephew and apprentice Ben Solo was seduced by darkness, Skywalker threatens the boy’s life and suffers his actions’ consequences, isolating himself from all of the Universe in a move of extreme pride.
However, Luke uses his great skills with the Force to build a meticulous and sagacious plan, capable of easily tricking the ambitious Kylo Ren.
Welcome to the dungeons, Luke!
Leia does not have the General of the Resistance post by chance. Her ability to strategically plan added to her diplomatic nature, and she praised her competence for the post. Brave and cunning, Leia Organa has charmed everyone since the saga’s original trilogy.
She is similar to Hermione by having strong characteristics from both Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. But Leia was selected to take her place next to the other Ravenclaws as opposed to the witch.
- Hogwarts After Dark Warmly Invites Guests to a Delicious and Spooky Evening at 2023.Hogwarts After Dark Warner Bros. Studios continues their 2023 Halloween Celebrations with the return of Hogwarts After Dark. This event is an opportunity for guests to visit the Studios Tour and feast on on … Read more
- An Exciting Look At Warner Bros. Studios’ Halloween 2023 CelebrationWarner Bros. Studios’ Halloween: The Dark Arts Warner Bros. Studios’ Halloween sees The Dark Arts returning from September 15th until November 5th 2023. The London studio will be setting stage for a spooky Halloween … Read more
- Harry Potter “Cursed Child” breaks new box office record on BroadwayThe play on Broadway since April 2018, broke a new box office record: the highest weekly box office in the history of the Lyric Theatre, grossing a total of $2,671,191 (about $14.5 million at the current price)
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience Returns to Cheshire for 2022Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience is a nighttime experience that sees guest wander through a magical woodland trail filled with sounds, sights, and special effects that will enchant visitors and immerse them into the Forbidden Forest of the Wizarding World. Guests will be able to explore and discover a variety of creatures within the forest including Centaurs, Nifflers, Unicorns, and a Hippogriff.
- Hogwarts Legacy – What We Know So Far About The Exciting New Game For 2022Hogwarts Legacy is the upcoming open-world fantasy role-playing game set in the 1800s Wizarding World. The game gives fans the opportunity to transport themselves into their own story, creating their own protagonist, exploring Hogwarts and the world surrounding it, developing their wizardry skills, as well as a myriad of other fun adventures and challenges.
- Emmy Nominations for ” Outstanding ” Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to HogwartsThe 2022 special Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts has received two Emmy nominations. The reunion debuted on New Years Day on the streaming service HBO Max and was in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001).
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore is now available on HBO MaxFollowing its release in theaters worldwide, The Secrets of Dumbledore, third film in the Fantastic Beasts series is now available for streaming on HBO Max, in addition to virtual stores.
- MinaLima Reveals Fantastic Beast Dumbledore’s Secrets Graphic ArtsMinaLima: The award-winning Studio MinaLima and Warner Bros. Consumer Products launches on Tuesday, March 29, the new graphic arts book from the Warner Bros. saga. Fantastic Beastpictures: The Secrets of Dumbledore. The launch will be at the House of MinaLima in Soho, London.
- Official website reveals motivations of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore’s characterThe Secrets of Dumbledore website has been updated to reveal the motivations of the main characters. The official website revealed the whereabouts of Newt Scamander, Albus Dumbledore, Gerardo Grindelwald, Queenie Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Credence/Aurelius, Lally Hicks, Teseu Scamander, Bunty, Aberforth and Yusuf Kama at the beginning of the third film in the series.