Among the Harry Potter actors, Daniel Radcliffe, who portrayed the main character, seems to be the most honest when pondering about the years playing The-Boy-Who-Lived.
Quite often his interviews displease the franchise’s fans, due to statements that, when taken out of context, give the impression that the actor is ungrateful to the Wizarding World. But that’s not true
In the April edition of the British magazine Empire, which covers cinema and TV, Daniel reunited with Elijah Wood, who played Frodo Baggins in The Lord of The Rings, to discuss their careers.
When asked about his connection to Harry Potter, Radcliffe affirmed that he is grateful for the opportunity he had, not only professionally, but also for growing up beside stars who shaped his own personality.
At the end of his answer, however, he said he has felt embarrassed by some of his actings, which he considers natural, considering he was only 11 years old when he started filming The Philosopher’s Stone.
“I’m incredibly grateful for the experience. It showed me what I want to do with the rest of my life. To find out early on what you love is really lucky. I’m intensely embarrassed by some of my actions, obviously [laughs], but it’s like asking ‘How do you feel about your teenage years?’ There’s so much in there that it’s almost impossible to single out one feeling”.
In this context, it is perceptible the actor is not embarrassed by his work in Harry Potter, he just feels uncomfortable when watching some scenes that, nowadays, 20 years later, he would do differently.
In interviews he gave in early 2020, the actor deeply discussed his artistic aspirations, such as portraying David Bowie, and how he got over the period he suffered from alcoholism.
Daniel Radcliffe’s childhood
In the same conversation with the actor from The Lord of The Rings, Daniel Radcliffe remembered how his teenage years were affected by the job he got when he was still a pre-teen.
He says that, at 11, he was not aware that he would be part of a franchise that would hit the proportions of Harry Potter, but even when he realized it, his parents asked him every year if he felt comfortable carrying it on, and the answer was yes.
“I’m not saying by any stretch that my childhood was normal. I was an upper-middle-class English kid going to a school full of other upper-middle-class English kids, and being on a set full of people from entirely different backgrounds gave me a much broader view of the world”, he said.
“We were also incredibly insulated by how much we worked. There was very little time to feel the impact of becoming famous. Though there would be gaps in-between where I’d maybe go back to school for a term and I hated it and I couldn’t wait to go back to set”.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore is now available on HBO MaxFollowing its release in theaters worldwide, The Secrets of Dumbledore, third film in the Fantastic Beasts series is now available for streaming on HBO Max, in addition to virtual stores.
- MinaLima Reveals Fantastic Beast Dumbledore’s Secrets Graphic ArtsMinaLima: The award-winning Studio MinaLima and Warner Bros. Consumer Products launches on Tuesday, March 29, the new graphic arts book from the Warner Bros. saga. Fantastic Beastpictures: The Secrets of Dumbledore. The launch will be at the House of MinaLima in Soho, London.
- Official website reveals motivations of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore’s characterThe Secrets of Dumbledore website has been updated to reveal the motivations of the main characters. The official website revealed the whereabouts of Newt Scamander, Albus Dumbledore, Gerardo Grindelwald, Queenie Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Credence/Aurelius, Lally Hicks, Teseu Scamander, Bunty, Aberforth and Yusuf Kama at the beginning of the third film in the series.
- Fantastic Beasts 3 – Watch the new Trailer for Secrets of DumbledoreFantastic Beasts 3: The secrets of Dumbledore: WB released the new trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, which hits theaters on April 8, 2022
- Watch the first trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of DumbledoreWarner Bros. Pictures unveiled the first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
- Fantastic Beasts 3 should not have scenes in Brazil, says journalistGroup of journalists watched scenes from Dumbledore’s Secrets at the event of exhibitioners and film distributors
- Fantastic Beasts is advanced and has title of the 3rd film revealed; see synopsisThe third film in the Fantastic Beasts franchise had its world premiere early on April 15, 2022, three months ahead of schedule. In addition, the film had its title revealed. The feature film will be called Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
- Fantastic Beasts producers hire four new actors for the third filmThe producers from Fantastic Beasts hired, in the last weeks, four new actors for the third film. Warner Bros. Pictures has not confirmed the information, but the actors have confirmed it during interviews or to iMDB, a website specialized in films and series. One of them, the German Oliver Masucci, will portray the Head of the International Confederation of Wizards
- Mads Mikkelsen wants to create his version of Grindelwald without erasing Johnny Depp’s workMikkelsen wants to be original, but without leaving sudden change for the viewer of the next Fantastic Beasts, which will be set in Rio de Janeiro