Cursed Child piece will be cut and adapted for single presentation; see return scheduleby Rodrigo Cavalheiro
After more than a year without performances due to the pandemic of Covid-19, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will return to the stages of New York and San Francisco, in addition to debuting Toronto, in a reduced version compared to the London production, which will also be presented to the public.
The shows presented in the United States and Canada will have only one part, while the one in England will continue with two, as occurred before the pandemic. For this, the script had to be cut and adapted. The producers stated that the story is the same, but did not detail what was changed.
The producers of Cursed Child,Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender, explained that the reduction was the way found to face the commercial difficulties that the theater industry was subjected to after the fechmanto of theaters, which has reached 15 months.
From the reopening, the play will be presented in the United States and Canada eight times a week, as with most theatrical productions. The adaptations were authorized and accompanied by J. K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter,who helped create the cursed child story.
“Although no one wanted everything that happened last year, Jack [Thorne, the roterista], John [Tiffany, the director] and the other collaborators were able to revisit the story and found a new way to frame it, keeping the original story intact,”Rowling said.
Return of Cursed Child
See below the date of return of the performances after the Covid-19 pandemic and the price of tickets, which can be purchased in advance or at the box office within a few hours of the show, if there is still availability.
- New York: November 12, 2021, with tickets between $79,000 and $289;
- San Francisco: January 11, 2022, still no tickets on sale.
Producers have not yet said whether they will return to promote Friday Forty,a weekly draw in which 40 people are awarded to watch the play for $40 in the theater’s best places. The program is common among theaters, but no U.S. production has announced its return since reopening after the pandemic.
- Toronto: premieres in May 2022, also without tickets on sale.
- London: October 14, 2021, with two parts, presented on the same day or on consecutive days.
- Melbourne: performances returned in February in two parts, with tickets at 65 to 225 Australian dollars per part.
- Hamburg: premieres on December 5, 2021, in two parts.
- Tokyo: premiere scheduled for the end of the first half of 2022.
Based on a new story by J. K. Rowling, John Tifany and Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child premiered in July 2016 in London, becoming a critical and critical success immediately. In 2018, the play premiered on Broadway in New York (USA), where it broke audience records and repeated critical success.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore is now available on HBO MaxFollowing its release in theaters worldwide, The Secrets of Dumbledore, third film in the Fantastic Beasts series is now available for streaming on HBO Max, in addition to virtual stores.
- MinaLima Reveals Fantastic Beast Dumbledore’s Secrets Graphic ArtsMinaLima: The award-winning Studio MinaLima and Warner Bros. Consumer Products launches on Tuesday, March 29, the new graphic arts book from the Warner Bros. saga. Fantastic Beastpictures: The Secrets of Dumbledore. The launch will be at the House of MinaLima in Soho, London.
- Official website reveals motivations of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore’s characterThe Secrets of Dumbledore website has been updated to reveal the motivations of the main characters. The official website revealed the whereabouts of Newt Scamander, Albus Dumbledore, Gerardo Grindelwald, Queenie Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Credence/Aurelius, Lally Hicks, Teseu Scamander, Bunty, Aberforth and Yusuf Kama at the beginning of the third film in the series.
- Fantastic Beasts 3 – Watch the new Trailer for Secrets of DumbledoreFantastic Beasts 3: The secrets of Dumbledore: WB released the new trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, which hits theaters on April 8, 2022
- Watch the first trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of DumbledoreWarner Bros. Pictures unveiled the first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
- Fantastic Beasts 3 should not have scenes in Brazil, says journalistGroup of journalists watched scenes from Dumbledore’s Secrets at the event of exhibitioners and film distributors
- Fantastic Beasts is advanced and has title of the 3rd film revealed; see synopsisThe third film in the Fantastic Beasts franchise had its world premiere early on April 15, 2022, three months ahead of schedule. In addition, the film had its title revealed. The feature film will be called Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
- Fantastic Beasts producers hire four new actors for the third filmThe producers from Fantastic Beasts hired, in the last weeks, four new actors for the third film. Warner Bros. Pictures has not confirmed the information, but the actors have confirmed it during interviews or to iMDB, a website specialized in films and series. One of them, the German Oliver Masucci, will portray the Head of the International Confederation of Wizards
- Mads Mikkelsen wants to create his version of Grindelwald without erasing Johnny Depp’s workMikkelsen wants to be original, but without leaving sudden change for the viewer of the next Fantastic Beasts, which will be set in Rio de Janeiro