MinaLima Reveals Fantastic Beast Dumbledore’s Secrets Graphic Artsby Marcelo Neves
The award-winning Studio MinaLima and Warner Bros. Consumer Products launches on Tuesday, March 29, the new graphic arts book from the Warner Bros. saga: Fantastic Beast: The Secrets of Dumbledore. The launch will be at the House of MinaLima in Soho, London.
Continuing the Parisian Art Nouveau aesthetic from the previous Fantastic Beasts film, the new film gave MinaLima the opportunity to manifest a distinctive Art Deco style, capturing the artistic movement of the time. Much historical research and experimentation with techniques has been employed, from obtaining original patterns and papers to digitalising historical sources and peculiar surfaces to capture and reconstruct the essence and style of the period.
Wizarding World fans will travel the world and experience many other magical cultures through the vivid colour art created by MinaLima. An integral part of the film’s visual narrative is the celebration of international magical realms through the creation of very distinct identities for the Ministry of Magic in Germany, as well as central characters from Brazil and China. These badges will be presented to fans as limited edition prints at House of MinaLima.
A visual highlight is the invention – in close collaboration with the film team – of the Magisterial Chamber of Ancient Magic in Bhutan, a haven of the highest place in the magical world. Fans will be able to dwell on the symbols and motifs invented by MinaLima with an aesthetic that refers to a typical and refined himalayan décor.
The engravings exhibited at the House of MinaLima include the long-awaited Dumbledore Family emblem, featuring the majestic phoenix, the vibrant collection of 10 wizarding books created for Professor Lally, and also the golden cover of the second edition of Newt Scamander’s bestseller, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Still on display and available for purchase are prints with graphics created for; the first magic train, The Great Magic Express, seen in the fantastic animals series; a brand new German newspaper Die Silberne Fledermaus; the first wanted poster of arch-villain Gellert Grindelwald.
The Fantastic Animal Graphic Arts collection will also be on display at the House of MinaLima in New York, Osaka, and Paju from Friday 8 April 2022. All MinaLima designs are available internationally on minalima.com
About Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
Professor Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) knows that the powerful dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Mads Mikkelsen) is moving to take control of the magical world. Unable to stop him alone he entrusts magizoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) with the task of leading an intrepid team of wizards, witches, and a brave Muggle baker on a dangerous mission where they encounter magical beings old and new and clash with Grindelwald’s growing legion of followers.
But with the stakes so high, how long can Dumbledore stay neutral?
Written by J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves, the third film in the Fantastic Beasts saga is directed by David Yates and features production by David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves, Lionel Wigram and Tim Lewis.
About Studio MinaLima
Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima began working together in 2001 to imagine and create the graphic universe of all Harry Potter films™. The two remained involved in the Wizarding World franchise with numerous design work; from theme park design to marketing and launching. A new chapter of this world came in 2015, as they began designing graphic props for the Fantastic Beasts film series™
Check out the new items from the MinaLima collection
Check out more about the third movie “Dumbledore’s Secrets” at Potterish
- Hogwarts After Dark Warmly Invites Guests to a Delicious and Spooky Evening at 2023.Hogwarts After Dark Warner Bros. Studios continues their 2023 Halloween Celebrations with the return of Hogwarts After Dark. This event is an opportunity for guests to visit the Studios Tour and feast on on… Read more: Hogwarts After Dark Warmly Invites Guests to a Delicious and Spooky Evening at 2023.
- An Exciting Look At Warner Bros. Studios’ Halloween 2023 CelebrationWarner Bros. Studios’ Halloween: The Dark Arts Warner Bros. Studios’ Halloween sees The Dark Arts returning from September 15th until November 5th 2023. The London studio will be setting stage for a spooky Halloween… Read more: An Exciting Look At Warner Bros. Studios’ Halloween 2023 Celebration
- Harry Potter “Cursed Child” breaks new box office record on BroadwayThe play on Broadway since April 2018, broke a new box office record: the highest weekly box office in the history of the Lyric Theatre, grossing a total of $2,671,191 (about $14.5 million at the current price)
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience Returns to Cheshire for 2022Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience is a nighttime experience that sees guest wander through a magical woodland trail filled with sounds, sights, and special effects that will enchant visitors and immerse them into the Forbidden Forest of the Wizarding World. Guests will be able to explore and discover a variety of creatures within the forest including Centaurs, Nifflers, Unicorns, and a Hippogriff.
- Hogwarts Legacy – What We Know So Far About The Exciting New Game For 2022Hogwarts Legacy is the upcoming open-world fantasy role-playing game set in the 1800s Wizarding World. The game gives fans the opportunity to transport themselves into their own story, creating their own protagonist, exploring Hogwarts and the world surrounding it, developing their wizardry skills, as well as a myriad of other fun adventures and challenges.
- Emmy Nominations for ” Outstanding ” Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to HogwartsThe 2022 special Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts has received two Emmy nominations. The reunion debuted on New Years Day on the streaming service HBO Max and was in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001).
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore is now available on HBO MaxFollowing its release in theaters worldwide, The Secrets of Dumbledore, third film in the Fantastic Beasts series is now available for streaming on HBO Max, in addition to virtual stores.
- MinaLima Reveals Fantastic Beast Dumbledore’s Secrets Graphic ArtsMinaLima: The award-winning Studio MinaLima and Warner Bros. Consumer Products launches on Tuesday, March 29, the new graphic arts book from the Warner Bros. saga. Fantastic Beastpictures: The Secrets of Dumbledore. The launch will be at the House of MinaLima in Soho, London.
- Official website reveals motivations of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore’s characterThe Secrets of Dumbledore website has been updated to reveal the motivations of the main characters. The official website revealed the whereabouts of Newt Scamander, Albus Dumbledore, Gerardo Grindelwald, Queenie Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Credence/Aurelius, Lally Hicks, Teseu Scamander, Bunty, Aberforth and Yusuf Kama at the beginning of the third film in the series.