British government gives go-ahead for Fantastic Beasts 3 to start filmingby Rodrigo Cavalheiro
The British government authorized Fantastic Beasts 3 to resume filming. The production was brought to a halt due to the Coronavirus. The information was revealed by the British newspaper, The Guardian. Warner Bros. Pictures, however, did not reveal when they intend on resuming the production.
Besides Fantastic Beasts 3, other blockbusters were given the green light to restart. The same goes for Batman, featuring Robert Pattinson, known for playing Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter series.
The British Film Commission and the British Film Institute created rules that must be followed in the sets. Among other rules, the attention to social distancing whenever possible and regular temperature checks of employers are highlighted.
Fantastic Beasts release
The filming of Fantastic Beasts 3 was set to start on March 16th, with all cast and crew already in London. However, a day before they were given the news that the production had to come to halt for an undefined amount of time.
Despite the delay in production, the movie’s opening date – set for November 12th, 2021 in the US/UK has not been altered since the publication of this article.
The filming for the first two Fantastic Beasts happened in the second semester of the year before their release. This way, we can see why the date might not need to be altered.
Unlike Fantastic Beasts, the release of other Warner Bros. Pictures movies like The Batman and Shazam 2 was postponed. Batman will hit the theaters on October 2021, while Shazam, which was supposed to be released in April 2022, will be released in November.
Fantastic Beasts in Brazil
The third Fantastic Beasts movie will be set in Rio de Janeiro and Germany. This time around, J.K. Rowling writes the screenplay together with Steve Kloves, who wrote all screenplays for the Harry Potter series, with the exception of The Order of the Phoenix.
The movie counts with David Yates back as the director, as well as the main cast: Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander), Katherine Waterson (Tina Goldstein), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein) and Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski). Jude Law and Johnny Depp also return as Albus Dumbledore and Gellerd Grindelwald, respectively.
The film should bring Ezra Miller as Credence/Aurelius Dumbledore, Jessica Williams as professor Eulalie Hicks from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander.
Translated into English by Nuara Costa
Edited by Aline Michel
- Harry Potter makes J. K. Rowling the best-selling author of 2020 in BrazilSeries sold about 500,000 copies, nielsen report shows
- Cursed Child piece will be cut and adapted for single presentation; see return scheduleIn some cities, piece will have a single part, while in others there will be two, as before
- With Daniel Radcliffe, comedy Miracle Workers is renewed for season 3Daniel Radcliffe: Series premieres in July in the U.S. and should arrive in Brazil in the coming months
- ‘I would accept any chance to be a Malfoy again,’ says Tom FeltonTom Felton: Actor also stated that he remains close to the cast of Harry Potter
- Emma Watson Movies: 5 non-Harry Potter you NEED to watchEmma Watson Movies: From rereading marilyn monroe’s life to Noé’s, the actress got involved with Hollywood big names
- Emma Watson decides to put her career on holdEmma Watson: Her last work was filmed in 2018