“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” takes 8 awards homePor Paola Galiano
“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” broke a record winning 8 awards no the WhatsOnStage Awards, that took place on Sunday, 19th.
You can check below all the prizes the play took home:
– Best Lighting Design – Neil Austin
– Best Set Design – Christine Jones
– Best Video Design – Finn Ross and Ash Woodward
– Best Actor in a Play – Jamie Parker (playing Harry Potter)
– Best New Play
– Best Direction – John Tiffany
– Best Supporting Actor in a Play – Anthony Boyle (playing Scorpius Malfoy)
– Best Supporting Actress in a Play – Noma Dumezweni (playing Hermione Granger)
The play had already broken another record on the WhatsOnStage Awards’ history, being nominated in 11 categories.
The winners of WhatsOnStage Awards were elected by the audience, on a online voting system. The complete winner’s list you can check here.
News translated by Aline Michel