Rupert Grint says he’s never watched all the Harry Potter movies and doesn’t expect an invitation to TV seriesby Pedro Martins
Actor Rupert Grint, who played Ron Weasley, said in an interview with Variety that he has never watched all the Harry Potter films nor expects to be invited to participate in a possible TV series in the franchise.
The actor said he watched only the first three films – The Philosopher’s Stone, The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban – accompanied by castmates at the launch premieres after crossing the red carpet.
“After these three, I stopped watching, but now that I have a daughter, I’ll probably have to watcheveryone along with her,” said Grint, who became a 2020 father at age 31.
Her daughter, with actress Georgia Groome, was born in May and was baptized Wednesday. On Instagram, Grint posted a photo with the baby and caught the attention of Harry Potter fans.
Will Rupert Grint be in the Harry Potter series?
The actor also commented during the interview about the rumor that a Harry Potter TV series was being produced for HBO Max, HBO’s streaming platform in the United States, which did not arrive in Brazil.
Grint stated that he does not expect to be invited to participate in the production, but said that even interest in watching it, if it is not a direct continuation of Harry Potter.
“It would be strange if they made a follow-up. I’m jealous of Ron. When I saw him on stage, [in the play Cursed Child], it was very strange. But if it was a group of different characters, I think the series might get interesting.”
WarnerMedia, HBO Max and Harry Potterauthor Jk Rowling have denied that the series is being produced.
- Emma Watson decides to put her career on holdHer last work was filmed in 2018
- is Daniel Radcliffe embarrassed by Harry Potter? Not reallyThe actor’s declarations were out of context and made Daniel Radcliffe’s fans feel that he is ungrateful for Harry Potter.
- Fan-movie about the Gaunt family and the origins of Voldemort wins trailerHistory will address the relationship between Mérope Gaunt, Voldemort’s mother, and Tom Riddle, the wizard’s father
- Fantastic Beasts producers hire four new actors for the third filmOne of them, the German Oliver Masucci, will portray the Head of the International Confederation of Wizards
- Evanna Lynch announces memoir about her struggle with anorexiaActress found in Harry Potter part of the strength needed to recover from the disorder
- GALLERY: The Chamber of Secrets will win edition illustrated by Brazilian designer of Minalima studioEdition will be launched in the 2nd half of 2021; see previews
- Rupert Grint says he’s never watched all the Harry Potter movies and doesn’t expect an invitation to TV seriesActor said he plans to watch them along with his daughter
- Cursed Child performances return from February; see agenda of each countryTheaters in the US, England and Australia, as well as Germany, Canada and Japan, already have dates to reopen
- After rumor, JK Rowling denies production of Harry Potter TV seriesWarnerMedia and HBOMax, which would produce and distribute the series, respectively, also denied production