Rupert Grint says he’s never watched all the Harry Potter movies and doesn’t expect an invitation to TV seriesby Pedro Martins
Actor Rupert Grint, who played Ron Weasley, said in an interview with Variety that he has never watched all the Harry Potter films nor expects to be invited to participate in a possible TV series in the franchise.
The actor said he watched only the first three films – The Philosopher’s Stone, The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban – accompanied by castmates at the launch premieres after crossing the red carpet.
“After these three, I stopped watching, but now that I have a daughter, I’ll probably have to watcheveryone along with her,” said Grint, who became a 2020 father at age 31.
Her daughter, with actress Georgia Groome, was born in May and was baptized Wednesday. On Instagram, Grint posted a photo with the baby and caught the attention of Harry Potter fans.
Will Rupert Grint be in the Harry Potter series?
The actor also commented during the interview about the rumor that a Harry Potter TV series was being produced for HBO Max, HBO’s streaming platform in the United States, which did not arrive in Brazil.
Grint stated that he does not expect to be invited to participate in the production, but said that even interest in watching it, if it is not a direct continuation of Harry Potter.
“It would be strange if they made a follow-up. I’m jealous of Ron. When I saw him on stage, [in the play Cursed Child], it was very strange. But if it was a group of different characters, I think the series might get interesting.”
WarnerMedia, HBO Max and Harry Potterauthor Jk Rowling have denied that the series is being produced.
- Harry Potter makes J. K. Rowling the best-selling author of 2020 in BrazilSeries sold about 500,000 copies, nielsen report shows
- Cursed Child piece will be cut and adapted for single presentation; see return scheduleIn some cities, piece will have a single part, while in others there will be two, as before
- With Daniel Radcliffe, comedy Miracle Workers is renewed for season 3Daniel Radcliffe: Series premieres in July in the U.S. and should arrive in Brazil in the coming months
- ‘I would accept any chance to be a Malfoy again,’ says Tom FeltonTom Felton: Actor also stated that he remains close to the cast of Harry Potter
- Emma Watson Movies: 5 non-Harry Potter you NEED to watchEmma Watson Movies: From rereading marilyn monroe’s life to Noé’s, the actress got involved with Hollywood big names
- Emma Watson decides to put her career on holdEmma Watson: Her last work was filmed in 2018