Mads Mikkelsen wants to create his version of Grindelwald without erasing Johnny Depp’s workby Rodrigo Cavalheiro
Chosen to replace Johnny Depp as Gerardo Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts, actor Mads Mikkelsen wants to create his own version of the character, but with respect to the interpretation of his predecessor, so that the viewer does not feel the change abruptly when watching the third film in the franchise.
The dynamics of how this will be done, however, is still unclear. That’s what Mads Mikkelsen told Entertainment Weekly while rebutting his new film, Another Round, a Danish drama with no preview of its debut in Brazil.
“That’s the tricky part.” We’re still working on how it’s going to be done. There’s got to be a bridge between what Johnny Depp’s already done and what I’m going to do. I have to turn the paper into something of mine, but we have to find connections [com a outra interpretação] so it doesn’t look so different from what Depp has done wonderfully well,”he said.
Mikkelsen was hired after Depp left the role at the request of Warner Bros. The actor received the invitation with enthusiasm, while being saddened by the circumstances that led to him being hired.
“I wish you both the best. These are sad circumstances. I hope the two will be back in new work very soon,”Mikkelsen said, referring to Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, who were embroiled in a lengthy court battle following mutual accusations of domestic violence.
Who is the new Grindelwald
Mads Mikkelsen is a 54-year-old Danish actor. On stage since 1996, he is considered one of the main personalities of contemporary cinema in Denmark. Mikkelsen collects awards and, in 2012, won the most important of his career, the Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival for the film The Hunt.
Mikkelsen played the James Bond antagonist in 007: Casino Royale (2006), a role that led him to international fame, and Doctor Strange’s villain (2016), Kaecilius. His participation as the serial killer protagonist of the television series Hannibal (2013–2015) also garnered fans and industry recognition.
In his new film, Another Round,Mads plays a Danish teacher, who decides to test a theory with his co-workers: that of life is better if you spend the whole day a little drunk.
Johnny Depp’s exit
Despite leaving the role of Grindelwald, Johnny Depp isexpected to receive his full salary of about $10 million for the third film in the Fantastic Beastsfranchise, for which he filmed only one scene.
After the actor’s departure, the premiere of the third Fantastic Beasts was postponed. The film was scheduled to hit theaters in November 2020, but was rescheduled for November 2021 and now for July 2022.
Fantastic Beasts 3 was scheduled to be filmed from March 2020. Pre-production and testing had already been completed, but the coronavirus’s arrival in England halted production.
Months later, with permission from the British health authorities,filming began on September 20, 2020,without official announcement by Warner Bros. Pictures, just as it happened with The Batman.
The Hollywood Reporter also reported that Depp’s departure will not cause changes in the filming schedule, as the studio was already climbing Mikkelsen to the role.
Fantastic Beasts 3
Mads Mikkelsen will act alongside Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander), Katherine Waterston (Tina Goldstein), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein), Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski), and Jude Law as interpreter for Professor Albus Dumbledore, Grindelwald’s rival.
Written by J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves, Fantastic Beasts 3 is directed by David Yates. The film will have scenes set in Rio de Janeiro and Berlin, capital of Germany.
- Emma Watson decides to put her career on holdHer last work was filmed in 2018
- is Daniel Radcliffe embarrassed by Harry Potter? Not reallyThe actor’s declarations were out of context and made Daniel Radcliffe’s fans feel that he is ungrateful for Harry Potter.
- Fan-movie about the Gaunt family and the origins of Voldemort wins trailerHistory will address the relationship between Mérope Gaunt, Voldemort’s mother, and Tom Riddle, the wizard’s father
- Fantastic Beasts producers hire four new actors for the third filmOne of them, the German Oliver Masucci, will portray the Head of the International Confederation of Wizards
- Evanna Lynch announces memoir about her struggle with anorexiaActress found in Harry Potter part of the strength needed to recover from the disorder
- GALLERY: The Chamber of Secrets will win edition illustrated by Brazilian designer of Minalima studioEdition will be launched in the 2nd half of 2021; see previews
- Rupert Grint says he’s never watched all the Harry Potter movies and doesn’t expect an invitation to TV seriesActor said he plans to watch them along with his daughter
- Cursed Child performances return from February; see agenda of each countryTheaters in the US, England and Australia, as well as Germany, Canada and Japan, already have dates to reopen
- After rumor, JK Rowling denies production of Harry Potter TV seriesWarnerMedia and HBOMax, which would produce and distribute the series, respectively, also denied production