Evanna Lynch announces memoir about her struggle with anorexiaby Pedro Martins
Known for playing the character Luna Lovegood, actress Evanna Lynch announced last Saturday (13), on Instagram, that will publish her first book in September 2021.
According to the actress, the book will tell her relationship with eating disorders, from a perspective that can inspire and help others who face the same problem..
“It’s a book about my struggle with eating disorders. It is not, however, about thinness or eating, but about rebuilding yourself after real recovery.”– Evanna Lynch
The book, which has no title or cover yet, will be published in the UK by Headline Books and is now available for pre-order. Publication is not expected in Brazil.
- Evanna Lynch criticizes McDonald’s for animal cruelty
- 5 Life Lessons Luna Lovegood Taught Harry Potter Fans
Evanna Lynch’s relationship with anorexia
In an interview with ABC, Evanna Lynch said that since she was 11, she has struggled with anorexia and, for several moments, was hospitalized due to complications of the disorder.
It was during one of the hospitalizations that the fifth Harry Potter book, The Order of thePhoenix, reached bookstores, and Evanna convinced doctors to let her leave the hospital to buy the autographed book.
As a way to divert her thoughts from eating problems, Evanna began taking acting classes, even acting in school plays.
Before applying to play Luna, the actress was already a big Fan of Harry Potter,having corresponded with letters with author J. K. Rowling, in which she asked for a role in the franchise.
Although the author never promised to hire, the actress says she saw Rowling as a counselor. Evanna became part of the Harry Potter cast in the fifth film, after winning more than 15,000 candidates for the role, having been praised by audiences and critics.
- Emma Watson decides to put her career on holdHer last work was filmed in 2018
- is Daniel Radcliffe embarrassed by Harry Potter? Not reallyThe actor’s declarations were out of context and made Daniel Radcliffe’s fans feel that he is ungrateful for Harry Potter.
- Fantastic Beasts producers hire four new actors for the third filmOne of them, the German Oliver Masucci, will portray the Head of the International Confederation of Wizards
- Evanna Lynch announces memoir about her struggle with anorexiaActress found in Harry Potter part of the strength needed to recover from the disorder
- Rupert Grint says he’s never watched all the Harry Potter movies and doesn’t expect an invitation to TV seriesActor said he plans to watch them along with his daughter
- Diaries where Alan Rickman criticized Harry Potter films become a bookRickman’s widow agrees to publication, which will be released in English in 2022